In the early stages of a Business, emails may be enough to offer adequate customer support, but as they grow, they need to scale their customer support as well. It gradually becomes difficult for the customer support team to keep up with the requests and inboxes full of unanswered emails and that is when a need for an efficient helpdesk software emerges.
Help desk software helps businesses accept, manage, and respond to customer support requests in an organized way. Various help desk programs offer built-in self-support portals, knowledge bases, reporting, and SLO (Service level objectives) management. Selecting the best helpdesk software for your company depends majorly on your needs.
Here are a few questions that we recommend asking yourself before choosing the helpdesk software for your business.
- What channels do you need to offer support on (email, web, mobile, social, etc.)?
- What kind of reporting do you need?
- How many agents will use the software?
- Do you need a knowledge base/self-service solution?
- What is your timeline?
- How many resources can you invest in the software setup?
- Do you need automation for repetitive help desk tasks?
- What is your budget? Do you have any wiggle room?
Answers to these questions will guide you better and you will be able to find the best helpdesk software to support your customers.
Now that you know all the things that you need to keep in mind while getting a helpdesk software, let us now figure out why do you need this software for your business.
Importance of Helpdesk Software
An ideal helpdesk software helps you make your business and your team more productive. Handling customers’ issues with a help desk software is one of the best things than an organization can do to make their customers happy and satisfied.
Here are a few points that can help you develop a better understanding of how a help desk software can be beneficial for your business.
- Builds trust among your
customers: Help desk software helps you address the
customers’ queries in a reasonable turn around time. Your customers start
believing in the fact that you care for them and will try to fix their problems
at the earliest.
- Executes quality
customer support: A helpdesk software helps you
maintain the quality of work. It helps you assign tickets to the correct team
so that the issues are addressed and fixed at the earliest.
- Builds brand awareness: An excellent helpdesk software helps you keep your customers happy.
These happy customers then share their good experiences with their family and
friends and recommend your brand to them, thus strengthening your brand
- Handles customer’s
queries: Help desk software offers a self-service
option for the customers. It allows customers to create tickets for their
issues which can then be assigned to the concerned teams.
- Saves valuable time: Many helpdesk software are programmed to respond to users with an
automated email to let them know that their issue has been received and
assigned to the appropriate resource. These emails prove to be of great help in
case a major outage emerges.
- Boosts efficiency: Live agents get huge support from automated helpdesk software. Helpdesk
software creates tickets for the users and the live agents just need to work on
these tickets which boosts their efficiency.
- Categorizes and Streamlines issues by importance: Helpdesk software has names of all the teams saved in the database. After users create the tickets, the software categorizes the tickets based on the issues and priorities and then assigns them to the correct teams.
After going through these points, you must be excited to integrate an efficient helpdesk software and take the load off of your customer support team. Before you go online and start searching, I would like to recommend one – Appy Pie Desk.
Appy Pie, the brand known for their pioneering app builder, has recently introduced an amazing helpdesk software called ‘Appy Pie Desk’. With a user-friendly interface, this software offers various effective features such as collaboration, customization, categorization, activity-tracking, department management, and much more. Let us learn more about the features.
Features of Appy Pie Desk
Appy Pie’s helpdesk software is a well-programmed software that improves the overall workflow of your customer support team. It offers a common platform for all the departments to stay connected with each other and allows businesses to customize it as per their unique needs. Another major advantage of this software is that it can adapt the newer integrations and APIs.
Here are the major features of Appy Pie Desk.
- Activity Tracking: With this feature, Appy Pie Desk helps you keep track of the
activities related to a specific post, ticket, or article.
- Easy Integrations: Appy Pie Desk offers unified integration with third-party
applications using powerful APIs, to work with both, simple and complex
- Safe and Secure: Appy Pie Desk offers enterprise-grade safety and security for the
businesses. Appy Pie conducts inclusive audits of regulatory compliances,
networks, and systems to keep your product and data safe and secure.
- Customization: You can customize Appy Pie Desk based on your business needs. It
allows you to set default views, apply rules and automation, link custom
domains for your company, and much more. With this software, you can add different
support team names for the issues that your customers face very often.
- Department Management: Appy Pie Desk lets you manage access to various departments. The
software allows you to give access only to your managers of changing the
priority of the tickets or setting them to a higher one.
- Analytics: Appy Pie Desk lets you perform analytics to help you keep an eye on
the performance of the open tickets. With the help of this feature, you can
also keep track of key support metrics and your support team performance.
- Common Platform: Appy Pie Desk provides all your teams with a common inbox to check the tickets. With the help of this feature, you can manage all the customer support tickets using multiple channels with a common inbox.
With its automated ticketing system, Appy Pie’s helpdesk software helps you manage hundreds of tickets in one go and save a lot of time and effort. It allows you to change the priority of the ticket with a single click. It automatically creates tickets for every email and prioritizes them and assigns them to the right team.
Appy Pie Desk helps your customers get the answers to their simple queries right away and they don’t even need to create a ticket. With the help of its built-in Knowledgebase, you can create various help articles and FAQs for your customers to help them find answers to issues that come up frequently. To increase your brand visibility, it lets you optimize these articles for search engines.
Go for Appy Pie Desk today to get an omnichannel inbox with 24/7 support for your customers and enable your agents to help your customers in the all manners possible.
Laila Azzahra is a professional writer and blogger that loves to write about technology, business, entertainment, science, and health.