When a man is unable to get or maintain an erection then this condition is termed as Erectile Dysfunction or ED. There are medications available that make men get an erection. Remember, they don’t cure the condition or enhance sexual desire or spread HIV or prevent pregnancy, but help a sexually aroused guy to maintain a strong erection.
Common sexual issues in men are premature ejaculation, ED, performance anxiety, and lack of sexual desire. More than 52% of adult men progressing towards seniority [40 to 65 years] suffer from a complete, moderate, and mild form of erectile dysfunction.
Many oral alternatives are prescribed for ED treatment but Viagra was the first to receive FDA approval. Fortunately, other generic forms also received FDA approval with a condition that all the standards need to be adhered to in formulating the pills. Levitra or Vardenafil is similar to Viagra. It is 10X biochemically powerful than its counterpart’s therefore low dose is sufficient to attain a penile erection. It even means potentially fewer downsides.
What are the different dosages of Levitra?
There are different milligrams of tablets available.
- 5 mg for men with a medical history.
- 10 mg is a standard dosage recommended for first-time users.
- 20 mg for guys who find 10 mg insufficient.
The doctor prescribes a dose based on your health history. Many guys can take the standard 10 mg dosage. Nonetheless, patients suffering from kidney or liver or other medical conditions get low dosage prescribed. Therefore, it is necessary to mention your health condition and medications prescribed.
Every person differs, so the effects of Levitra are also unique for everyone. For first-timers, it is advised to start low and then increase or decrease depending on the expected effects.
Can one take more than 20 mg of Levitra?
The recommended dosage of Levitra is a maximum of 20 mg. Never exceed this level because the side effect risks like heartburn, headache, flu-like symptoms, flushing, and upset stomach increases.
Even the possibility of serious conditions like priapism, sudden vision loss, dizziness, face swelling, hoarseness, ringing the ears, breathing or swallowing difficulty, rash, and hives increases. Call the doctor if you identify unusual issues when you are taking Levitra.
So, if 20 mg of Levitra does not work consult your healthcare provider. The doctor will evaluate and diagnose the cause of the ED to recommend optional treatment like a penis pump or penile injections.
- In case of Levitra overdose call emergency services 9-1-1
- Keep a written list of prescribed as well as non-prescribed medicines you use like dietary supplements, vitamins, and minerals. It is easy for your loved ones to show the list to the doctor, in case of an emergency.
- Take the exact dosage as recommended or prescribed.
- Rapidly disintegrating tablets differ from the regular Levitra pills. They instantly dissolve on your tongue. Never take a rapidly disintegrating tablet with juice or water.
- In terms of dietary instructions avoid grapefruit.
- Keep the container at room temperature away from prying eyes of children.
- The unneeded drug has to be disposed of properly and not flushed down the toilet.
Laila Azzahra is a professional writer and blogger that loves to write about technology, business, entertainment, science, and health.