What would you do if the lady sitting next to you on a bus clenched her chest and complained of pain? How would you react if a family member experiences a heart attack? Most people need to figure out what to do next. Their minds get clouded with shock, grief, and helplessness. Take a CPR course if you want to prepare better for such emergencies. A cardiac arrest comes unannounced, and something even the fittest people get it. You could help an unknown person through a CPR course and save your life. Get your CPR card online and fulfill your duties as a Good Samaritan. This article talks about the advantages of a CPR course for bystanders. You will also learn why healthcare providers should not ignore taking this course.
How nationally recognized CPR courses are helpful to a lay responder?
An accident gets its name from the unplanned scenarios that unfold. If you happen to get caught in an accident, you will most likely find yourself with people who are not doctors. Lay responder is the term given to this set of people whose involvement is pivotal in saving your life. It means your survival chances depend on people without prior training or knowledge of first aid. So look at the benefits of a recognized CPR course for a lay rescuer.
- OSHA revealed that North America saw over 350,000 cardiac arrest cases each year. This number is for issues that occur outside hospitals. Figures also show that 90% of these people do not make it to a hospital. Lay rescuers are their only hope for survival.
- A recognized certification course teaches lay rescuers the working of the human body. It builds trust in the procedure, and they gain confidence. They also learn about the technique and its effectiveness.
- The presence of mind and the art of remaining calm are the first few lessons taught in a CPR course. For people who have not seen a dying person up close, the site could send them into shock. For a patient suffering a cardiac arrest, time is of the essence.
- Many courses have an online presence and give legitimate certifications. Taking the course online saves time and motivates lay rescuers to take the course. They even get a CPR card online to show when assisting a person.
- A recognized course means a lay rescuer can help people anywhere in the country. It also increases their chances of taking up a new career.
Benefits of CPR online certification for healthcare providers
People working as nurses, doctors, or paramedic staff are all healthcare providers. These individuals face life-threatening situations every day. Doctors of every category fall under the category of a healthcare provider. A firefighter and forest ranger could fill the shoes of a healthcare provider. Most of these people already have the basic training required in CPR. But the points mentioned below point out the benefits of taking this course online.
- Many healthcare professionals undergo this basic training early in their careers. But only some get to practice it, and they forget the details. An online course can refresh the techniques and help you in difficult situations.
- As a healthcare provider, your job description may involve only minor tasks. If you wish to grow in your career, upskilling with an online CPR certification is the way forward. You will not have to take time off from your current job to attend online classes.
- CPR has many versions: infant CPR, neonatal resuscitation, and adult and Children CPR. Different situations require either a two-hand resuscitation or a single-handed technique. You can take more than one online course and learn all these skills simultaneously.
- Sometimes upskilling yourself could help you move jobs. It could even land you your dream job, and you could save a life. Once you complete the course, you get a CPR card online, which you must show before assisting a person in need.
- Some people live in remote areas. Finding an exemplary institution that offers a CPR course is next to impossible. You can take your courses from anywhere in the world. But, with online classes, you only need an internet connection and a laptop or mobile phone.
How does AHCA’s CPR Online Certification stand out?
The American HealthCare Academy (AHCA) offers online CPR and first aid courses. They have separate modules for lay rescuers and healthcare providers. The group puts together some of the most advanced theories for your comprehension. Their certifications stand out because of the following reasons:
- AHCA offers accredited and nationally recognized certification courses. Their courses follow the most recent ECC and AHA guidelines. Hence the training is acceptable to many corporate bodies.
- Students in any field can earn credit hours when they take up a course from AHCA. These credits add to your grade in school.
- The group wishes for people from different walks of life to take this course and help save a stranger’s life. Hence they do not complicate their course material.
- Every CPR and First aid certificate has a two-year validity. AHCA offers follow-up courses and helps you renew your certification.
- Despite the virtual course presence, AHCA ensures they teach awareness and observation. These two skills help a first aider or healthcare provider to administer the proper technique. They can save the patient’s life.
- The CPR certification from AHCA is a self-paced course. There are no limitations; you could study on a train or pull an all-nighter. You can log into the portal at any time during the day.
Every individual can become a lifesaver through the presence of the mind. But a professional certificate teaches you special techniques for it. Most cardiac arrest patients make it to the hospital only because of the help they receive from a bystander equipped with CPR knowledge. Therefore, lay rescuers form a vital part of the first aider circle. Courses from AHCA allow you to learn about CPR online. They even give you the CPR card online. Register on the website today and become a knowledgeable lay rescuer.
Laila Azzahra is a professional writer and blogger that loves to write about technology, business, entertainment, science, and health.