1. Start with a Strategy:
To achieve success with an ecommerce website you have to do a lot of work with passion, even the simplest ecommerce website has details that need to be just right for your users and your business.
Start with a strategy and implement it while building your ecommerce platform. Going with some pre-planned strategies reduces the chances of mistakes. Whenever you are making your ecommerce platform always choose a flexible platform that will help you build an attractive and clean website.
Setting your goals, choosing favorable delivery options, selecting a friendly staff and a good platform will help you to grow fast.
2. Choose a Domain and Platform for Your Ecommerce Website:
Choose a domain which reflects your niche, this will help you spread brand awareness fast.
A custom domain gives some benefits to your ecommerce store:
- A recognizable brand that belongs to you.
- A professional email address linked to your domain where people can contact you
- Search engine optimization (SEO) benefits
- Gives your business a unique identity.
Your next step is selecting the right ecommerce platform for your online business.
· Easy to use
· Easily integrate
· Have free themes and plugins
· User friendly
· SEO optimized
Most small business owners don’t want to bother with hand-coding their website. So, choosing a good platform will help you reduce the amount of work and money you will need to put into website setup.
3. Decide on Pricing and Set Up Payments
There are some key factors regarding payment as you build an ecommerce website:
- How you will decide the price of your products
- How customers are going to pay you
- How you are going to get those payments into your own bank account.
- How many modes of payments will you have available.
- Secure payment mode available
- Integrated SSL
- Trust built among your users
There are many factors to consider when pricing your products for online sale including:
- The cost of materials per product
- Ecommerce web hosting cost
- Shipping charges
- Taxes per item
- Fees and percentage per sale deductions from various organizations, including PayPal, credit cards, debit cards, phone pay Google pay, etc.
- Flexibility of payment options.
- Easy mode of payments.
4. Create and publish your ecommerce site:
When the above process is done, it is time to create a unique and attractive ecommerce store and publish it. Even after your site is live and you have a steady stream of visitors, don’t forget the importance of daily site.
Choose a good CMS (content management system) and Theme for your store. This will help you to give your store an attractive look and also it will help you to maintain your store easily.
Some best practices for making an ecommerce store:
- Keep it simple and attractive.
- Create a contact page so customers can contact you easily.
- Create an about us page to increase trust.
- Always create different product names.
- Create a unique and relevant product description.
- Upload some good and clear product images.
- Use flexible payment methods.
5. Maintanance and Marketing:
To grow your business you have to maintain and market your business regularly.
This will help you to build and grow your business; marketing will help you to get new customers on daily basis.
- Update your products and description of products on a particular interval of time
- Always choose secure checkout options
- Try to make a blog page for your website where you write about your products and any other information that might interest your customers.
- Update your inventory
- Update your delivery options
- Do SEO of your website.
- Choose different platforms for marketing your products. eg. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
- Use Google ads, Facebook ads and/or Instagram ads, etc.
- Use different social platforms and post on daily basis.
- Try to get positive reviews on internet.
- Approach Influencers and ask them to market your products.
Laila Azzahra is a professional writer and blogger that loves to write about technology, business, entertainment, science, and health.