Vitamin C is an essential vitamin that helps the body to do several functions properly. One of the most important functions of vitamin C is to maintain healthy looking skin and fight against UV rays. Unlike many animals’ bodies, human bodies can’t produce vitamin C by themselves. So, we have to take vitamin C from outside sources like citrus fruits, leafy vegetables, and the best vitamin C tablets available in the market. Here you will find how vitamin C helps skin to stay healthy.
- Vitamin C as an antioxidant: In our skin, vitamin C is one of the most abundant antioxidants that help to prevent the damages caused by environmental factors including smoking, UV rays, Blue rays, and pollution. However these all damages are because of free radical releases, vitamin C is capable of healing the damaged cells and also reduces the free radical releases.
- For Wrinkles: As we age, our skin loses the elasticity and becomes thinner that contributes to wrinkles. Frequent UV rays exposure to the skin breaks down the collagen that leads to premature age of the skin.
- Lightens skin: There is an enzyme named tyrosinase that is prevalent in the vitamin C and converts amino acid tyrosine into the pigment that is responsible for skin color that is called melanin. The melanin is also responsible for limiting the signs and side effects of sun damage.
- Supports collagen production: The majority of our skin is made of a special kind of protein which is called collage. To synthesize the collagen, our body needs vitamin C. If there is any hindrance in collagen synthesis, the deficiency of vitamin C takes place. You need a vitamin c tablet with the consultation of your doctor to fight against the deficiency.
- Replenish Vitamin C: Vitamin E is also a very important antioxidant for protecting skin health from the oxidative stress. When our skin exposes to the sunlight, vitamin E level declines. At this time vitamin C helps your skin on vitamin E replenishment. As vitamin c tablets price is very affordable, you can use supplements if you are unable to get it from the natural sources.
- Circles Under Eyes: Vitamin C can be used for exfoliating. Usually, vitamin c in powder form is mixed with lotion or moisturizer. You can find the solution as a gritty texture that is very helpful for exfoliating the skin. Many of us are facing the under eye circles issues especially who spends most of their time before screen. With the help of vitamin C, you can stimulate the collagen production under your eye skin and get relieved from such issues.
There are numerous options for Vitamin C. You can get vitamin c from fruits, vegetables, seums, tablets, lotion, and many more. Of Course all these have their methods to get applied. Some are taken from mouth and others are only for external uses only. So, consult your doctor before taking the supplement. But there is no such recommendation if you are taking vitamin C from fruits, vegetables, and other natural sources.
Laila Azzahra is a professional writer and blogger that loves to write about technology, business, entertainment, science, and health.